Sunday, July 26, 2009
here's another update. I spent another couple of hours refining the left side. I also started to mirror it over to the right. Yes, I know it's not even close to symmetrical..yet. I am slowly starting to lose hope that it will ever be a 100% or even a 90% likeness of the mark 3 helmet hence the new name: MARK 3.2 . that way if it isn't all that close I can just blame it on the different version. No one will ever know I cheated muahahahaah. 3+))
anyway here are the new pic's:
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Sunday, July 12, 2009
today I created a new head for the creature. it started with the thought of a head that's more mouth and eyes than anything else. I was thinking of adding a lot of long , thin, needle like teeth. kinda like in this picture, but a lot more of them:
It worked out differently and the result has kind of a comic style, but I liked it.
so without further ado, here's the pic's:
Monday, July 6, 2009
Saturday, July 4, 2009
*kaakaa*, sorry couldn't resist imagining the sound this little criter would make. anyway here's a few pic's of the finished "chicken" head (with some primer slapped on it). I call it [insert spooky noise] the chicken of doom!!!
Friday, July 3, 2009
... iron man helmet. ok so after a bit (read actually creating the head part) of bulking out the head with balls of paper and wrapping that with strips of cardboard this is what it looks like:
next came a few hours of smashing on clay and roughing out one side of the head. as it turns out i'm gonna need a lot more clay. From the pictures I can allready see the bad spots on the roughed out side, but what de you expect... it's called rough for a reason 3+))